COMMUNITY FACILITIES GENERAL REGULATIONS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRING
1 . Interpretation
- 1.1 These General Regulations and Conditions of Hiring are applicable to the following venues which are called "The Premises" (*Bar Facilities Available):
- The Rock Hub 13-15 Wellin Lane, Edwalton, Notts NG12 4AS
- Lutterell Hall* Church Drive, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 6AY
- 1.2 "The Rock" means The Rock Church. (See note at end - this agreement will soon transfer to a new Charitable Incorporated Organisation ‘Agora South Notts’.)
- 1.3 "The Facilities Manager" means the Community Operations Manager of The Rock Church or any other person authorised by them to perform any particular duty (such as Site Managers and Caretakers).
- 1.4 “customer" means any person using the Premises whether or not any charge has been made and includes a spectator and persons using the Premises as a member or invitee of a private club.
- 1.5 "The Hirer" means any person (whether acting as an individual or on behalf of a club or organisation) who is hiring the Premises. No person under the age of 18 years will be accepted as a Hirer.
- 1.6 "Booked Period" means the period on any day reserved for the Hirer. Time for setting up and clearing away are to be included in the hire period.
2. Admission/Maximum Capacity
- 2.1 All bookings are classed as provisional until a booking has been made online and deposit (weddings) or full payment has been received by The Rock. Provisional bookings are held for a maximum of 7 days from the date of enquiry and are cancelled after 7 days if an online booking has not been made and payment is not received.
- 2.2 The maximum number of persons permitted to use the Premises shall not exceed the number specified below (and is displayed in the Premises). Under no circumstances should this number be exceeded and it should not be assumed that this number can be accommodated comfortably for every function.
- Lutterell Hall - maximum capacity 190 persons (170 seated theatre style; 150 seated around large around 15 tables of 10 people)
- The Rock Hub - maximum capacity 150 persons (120 seated theatre style; 78 seated around 13 small round tables of 6)
- For children’s parties the maximum persons is 50.
- 2.3 The Facilities Manager may refuse admission to any person without giving any reason and may require any person to leave the Premises.
- 2.4 The Facilities Manager reserves the right to decline any application to use any Premises without giving any reason.
- 2.5 Only activities described on the website (www.lutterell hall.org.uk) will be permitted. The Rock reserves the right to terminate the booking if activities other than described on the website take place.
- 2.6 All The Rock's Community Facilities are closed on Bank Holidays and over the Christmas and New Year period, unless otherwise stated or agreed with a customer.
3. Charges and Payment
- 3.1 The Rock shall set charges for the use of the Premises. The Rock reserves the right to vary charges without notice.
- 3.2 One off bookings are paid for up front via the website www.lutterellhall.org.uk.
- 3.3 Regular Hirers have until the 10th of the month to pay for all invoices (which are raised against each booking in their client area) dated in the month prior. Failure to make payment on time may result in the cancellation of the regular booking time slot. Payments are to be made by bank transfer to The Rock Church: TSB; Sort Code 30-18-98; Account Number 14009268.
4. Clearance of Premises
- 4.1 The Hirer shall comply with all reasonable requests made by the Facilities Manager and shall ensure that the Premises are left in the state that they were found.
- 4.2 Activities MUST cease in time for the Premises and adjoining car park to be cleared by the end of the booking period.
- 4.3 Any entertainment during ‘Celebration’ bookings must cease at least 30 minutes before the end of Booked Period.
- 4.4 Premises (specifically the kitchen if hired) must be cleared of any items brought in, or mess accumulated, by the end of the booking period.
- 5.1 The Rock reserves the right to cancel bookings, or prohibit the use of the Premises, giving as much notice as is practical.
- 5.2 All monies paid in respect of bookings cancelled in accordance with Condition 5.1 will be refunded by The Rock, but The Rock will not be liable for any other expenditure incurred or loss sustained directly or indirectly by the Hirer arising from the cancellation.
- 5.3 Hirers must give a minimum of 2 weeks notice in writing for cancellation of bookings.
- 5.4 Wedding deposits are non refundable. All other up front payments for hire and related services and/or products can be cancelled by the Hirer at any time, and may qualify for the following refunds which will be issued within 7 days of notification:
- A national or local government mandated lockdown - 90% refund
- All other reasons, giving at least 90 days' notice - 80% refund
- All other reasons, giving at least 60 days' notice - 70% refund
- All other reasons, giving at least 30 days' notice - 60% refund
- All other reasons, giving at least 14 days' notice - 50% refund
6. Electrical Safety
- 6.1 In order to ensure compliance with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989, Customers or their agents bringing portable electrical equipment (such as disco/music equipment or public address systems) onto the Premises, will be required to provide evidence, before the commencement of the Booked Period, that the equipment is safe and will remain safe when in use.
ELECTRICITY AT WORK REGULATIONS
THE ELECTRICAL SUPPLY SYSTEM TO THE POINT AT WHICH CUSTOMERS MAY CONNECT PORTABLE ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT IS SAFE AND WILL REMAIN SO WHEN PROPERLY CONNECTED TO SAFE PORTABLE ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT CUSTOMERS USING PORTABLE ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT ON THE PREMISES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE THAT THE EQUIPMENT THEY INTEND TO USE IS SAFE AND WILL REMAIN SO WHEN IN USE
7. Customers Shall
- 7.1 Comply with all reasonable instructions and requests of the Facilities Manager
- 7.2 Carry out and observe all instructions of The Rock relating to the use of the Premises and conduct therein which may from time to time be published by Notice on the Premises or otherwise.
- 7.3 Indemnify The Rock against all claims, demands, actions or proceedings in respect of the death of or injury to any person, or damage to or loss of property belonging to any person (other than the Rock) arising out of their use of the Premises otherwise than as a result of the defective condition of the Premises or The Rock's equipment or the negligence of The Rock, its agents, officers or servants.
- 7.4 Indemnify the Rock against all claims, demands, actions and proceedings in respect of any infringement of copyright or any unauthorised performance or use of record apparatus or contrivance at the Premises by themselves or their agents.
- 7.5 Refrain from any conduct which is unseemly or unsporting or which might cause annoyance or danger to other Customers of the Premises.
- 7.6 Be responsible for and shall pay The Rock on demand the amount of any damage done or occasioned to the Premises or the fixtures, fittings, apparatus, equipment, furniture, or other contents thereof during the use of the Premises by them. The Rock's Property and Design whose decision shall be final shall certify the amount of such damage. The Rock does not accept responsibility or liability for any damage to or loss of any property or articles whatsoever placed or left in or on the Premises or any part thereof by a Customer.
8. Customers Shall Not
- 8.1 Bring any dangerous or obnoxious thing into or onto the Premises (including fireworks, candles and tea lights).
- 8.2 Alter or interfere with any equipment or fittings of the Premises or the structure thereof.
- 8.3 Sell or supply to any Customers or other persons any goods or services of any description whatsoever without the express permission, in writing, of the Facilities Manager.
- 8.4 Put up notices or decorations (internal or external) without the express permission of the Facilities Manager.
- 8.5 Play radios, recorded or live music in the Premises, or perform any work, which will infringe any copyright. It will be a condition of any approval that the necessary licence or authorisation has been obtained and produced in advance to the Facilities Manager.
- 8.6 Bring any animal into or onto the Premises except with the express permission of the Facilities Manager with the exception of Assistance Dogs.
- 8.7 Use confetti cannons or confetti discs / rainbow circles (items that are normally placed inside balloons).
- 8.8 Tape, stick or pin notices or decorations (internal or external) to walls or floors.
- 8.9 Congregate in the Reception Area without the express permission of the Facilities Manager for a specified period and reason (such as wedding party line-up / welcome)
- 9.1 The Hirer shall be responsible for ensuring that they have sufficient and adequate insurance cover for the hiring.
- 9.2 If required by the Rock, the Hirer shall effect, before the date of the hiring, cover with a reputable insurance company in respect of third party risks and produce evidence of such cover to the Facilities Manager.
10. Licensed Bar and Catering
- 10.1 Hirers are not permitted to supply alcohol at our venues. For bookings where a bar service has been booked customers are not permitted to bring any drinks, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, onto or into the premises. For non bar bookings customers are permitted to supply soft drinks.
- 10.2 An exception to the rule (10.1) is made for wedding bookings where an alcoholic drink may be supplied for a) the purpose of a welcome drink for guests on arrival, b) a drink for toasting during speeches, and c) a single bottle of red and white wine per banqueting table where a silver service wedding breakfast is served. Corkage charges will be made according to the current price on the day of the booking/wedding.
- 10.3 No cooking appliances or candles (including tea lights) are to be brought onto the premises.
- 10.4 No persons under the age of 18 years shall be given, allowed to purchase or allowed to consume alcohol of any kind on the Premises.
- 10.5 There shall be no teenage (13 to 19 years inclusive) birthday parties held on or in the Premises.
- 10.6 Licensed bars must close at least 30 minutes before the end of any function.
- 10.7 The bar service should only operate during the actual function, and NOT during the preparation or packing down time.
- 10.8 In accordance with the Licensing Laws ALL drinks must be consumed within 20 minutes of the bar closing.
- 10.9 The licensed staffed bar service must be in operation for a minimum of 4 hours, unless otherwise agreed.
- 10.10 No food shall be consumed in the Lounge, And no food or drink is permitted in any Reception area.
- 10.11 When the kitchen is hired under our ‘Self-Catering’ option, it is imperative that it is left clean in the state that it is found. Customers are responsible for executing all items on the ‘Kitchen Cleanliness Checklist’ found in the kitchen.
- 11.1 No function shall be advertised to take place until the booking has been confirmed.
PLEASE USE ONLY PROPER AND AUTHORISED NOTICE BOARDS TO DISPLAY YOUR PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL
PLEASE DO NOT FLY POST.
IF POSTERS AND OTHER ADVERTISING MATERIALS ARE PUT ON LAMP POSTS, TREES, WALLS, WINDOWS ETC. THEY WILL BE REMOVED AND YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THE WORK INVOLVED.
- 11.2 The Hirer shall ensure that no unauthorised or illegal advertising or other material is displayed in connection with any function.
- 11.3 The Hirer shall ensure that no advertising or other material is displayed in connection with any function on any land or buildings owned or managed by the Rock without prior written consent of The Rock.
- 12.1 No sweepstakes, raffle or other lottery shall be promoted, conducted or held on the Premises except such lotteries as are deemed to be lawful by virtue of any enactment relating to betting, gaming and lotteries.
- 13.1 Photographs for professional use or publication shall not be taken without the written permission of Facilities Manager
- 14.1 The use of the Premises and of all equipment and amenities thereof is permitted entirely at the Customers' own risk and The Rock shall not be liable for any personal injury to any Customer or for any consequential loss otherwise than as a result of the defective condition of the Premises or its equipment or the negligence of The Rock, its agents, officers or servants.
- 14.2 Lack or inadequacy of supervision of the use of any Premises shall not be deemed to constitute negligence unless such supervision has been expressly arranged, in writing, with the Head of Community Facilities.
15. Cars etc.
- 15.1 Persons using the Premises for the following booking types are permitted to park in the related facilities’ car park.
- Lutterell Hall:
- Persons using the Coffee shop whilst open to the public
- Persons attending exercise classes
- Persons accompanying children to a children's party booking
- 20 spaces for wedding bookings
- 20 spaces for Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening celebrations, performances or club/society bookings
- First 20 people attending the Community Cinema
- The Rock Hub:
- 15.2 The Rock does not accept responsibility or liability for any damage to, or loss of, any property or articles whatsoever, placed in or on the car park or access roads, save as a result of the Rock, its agents, officers and servants.
16. Bouncy Castles/Indoor Go Karts/Smoke Machines/Helium Balloons/Chinese Lanterns
- 16.1 Bouncy Castles are permitted inside the main hall of all facilities (on the condition that crash mats exceed the base of the castle at Lutterell Hall).
- 16.2 Chinese Lanterns, Indoor Go Karts and smoke / haze / dry ice machines are not permitted at any venue managed or owned by The Rock Church.
- 17.1 Hirers who play music are responsible for paying any applicable music licence fees. For further information contact https://pplprs.co.uk/.
- 17.2 Private bookings are exempt from 17.1 above.
18. Types of bookings
- 18.1 The Rock reserves the right to cancel any booking (within 7 days of booking) that opposes or conflicts with foundational elements of the Christian faith, for example, a Satanist's Convention or Psychic Reading Session. A full refund will be provided.
19. Breach of Condition
- 19.1The Rock Staff (or its approved volunteers) may visit during the course of the event to ensure all general regulations and conditions of hire are being adhered to.
- 19.2 In the event of any breach of these General Regulations and Conditions of Hiring (as to which the decision of the Head of Community Facilities shall be final) the Hirer may be required to leave the Premises forthwith and forfeit the charges paid in respect of the booking but without prejudice to any claim The Rock may have against them. If the breach is sufficiently serious to cause the Facilities Manager to cancel any future bookings by the Hirer, refunds will be made in accordance with Condition 5 of these General Regulations and Conditions of Hiring.