ITEMS TO NOTE IN PARTICULAR
ALCOHOL/DRINKS: Hirers are not permitted to supply alcohol at our venues. For bookings where a bar service has been booked customers are not permitted to bring any drinks, alcoholic or non alcoholic, onto or into the premises. For non-bar bookings customers are permitted to supply soft drinks. As per condition 10.1
KITCHEN: As per condition 10.2 No cooking appliances or candles (including tea lights) are to be brought onto the premises. Only the cooking appliances provided (conventional ovens and microwave oven) are permitted to be used.
ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES: No electrical appliance to be brought onto the premises unless accompanied by evidence that the equipment is safe to be used (PAT tested). As per condition 6.1.
HEATING APPLIANCES: No additional heating appliances to be brought onto the premises. As per condition 10.2.
LANTERNS: Chinese lanterns or any lanterns with a flame are NOT permitted. As per condition 16.3.
CAPACITIES: Maximum capacity of persons specified must not be exceeded as per condition
TAPING & PINNING: No notices or decorations (internal or external) must be fixed to walls or floors without the express permission of the Facilities Manager. As per condition 8.4.
LEAVING PREMISES: The hirer shall ensure that the premises are left in the state they were found in. As per condition 4.
- Functions must cease at the end of the booked period. As per condition 4.1.
- Entertainment must cease at least 15 minutes before the end of the booked period, and no later than 11.15pm. As per condition 1.6.
- In accordance with the licensing laws all drinks must be consumed within 20 minutes of the bar closing. As per condition 10.7.
- STAFF: Agora South Notts Ltd staff (or its approved staff or volunteers) may visit during the course of the event to ensure all general regulations and conditions of hire are being adhered to.
- DAMAGES: Please note that in relation to condition 7.6 of the Conditions of Hiring’, Agora South Notts Ltd will pursue costs relating to any damage incurred by the misuse of the premises or equipment.
- BREACH: In the event of any clear breach of the regulations and conditions, the hirer may be required to leave the premises forthwith.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
On arrival at the Premises please check that:
- The emergency lighting is in order.
- EXIT or EMERGENCY EXIT signs are provided and working.
- All exit doors are unlocked.
- You are aware of the siting of fire appliances and call points.
- All gangways, passages, stairs and exits are clear of obstruction.
- You have access to a telephone
In Case of Fire
Evacuate the Premises. It is the hirer's responsibility to ensure their guests/clients perform this duty.
Call the Fire Service from the nearest telephone. Lift the receiver and dial 999. Ask for the FIRE service. When connected to the Fire Service, give the address of Lutterell Hall, Church Drive, West Bridgford, Nottingham NG2 6AY clearly and ensure that the operator correctly repeats the address.
The Fire Assembly point at Lutterell Hall is in the car park at the rear of the building.
The Facilities Manager will coordinate the evacuation of the building.
Inform Agora South Notts Ltd on 07379 790266 and 07340 943967
Do not re-enter the building until told to do so by the Fire Service or the Facilities Manager.
AGORA SOUTH NOTTS LTD
(TRADING AS LUTTERELL HALL)
GENERAL REGULATIONS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRING
1 . Interpretation
- 1.1 These General Regulations and Conditions of Hiring are applicable to the following venue which is called "The Premises" (*Bar Facilities Available): Lutterell Hall*, Church Drive, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 6AY
- 1.2 "The Facilities Manager" means the Operations Manager or any other person authorised by them to perform any particular duty (such as Site Managers, Event Managers and Facilities Staff).
- 1.3 “Customer" means any person using The Premises whether or not any charge has been made and includes a spectator and persons using The Premises as a member or invitee of a private club or function.
- 1.4 "The Hirer" means any person (whether acting as an individual or on behalf of a club or organisation) who is hiring The Premises. No person under the age of 18 years will be accepted as a Hirer.
- 1.5 "Booked Period" means the period on any day reserved for the Hirer. Time for setting up and clearing away are to be included in the hire period.
- 1.6 Entertainment must cease at least 15 minutes before the end of the Booked Period, and no later than 11.15pm. The Premises and adjoining car parks must be vacated no later than 12.00 midnight. Any vehicles left after this time are liable to be locked in the car park and only released during the next working day, during our usual opening hours.
2. Admission/Maximum Capacity
- 2.1 All bookings are classed as provisional until a deposit is paid (wedding receptions) or the full payment has been via our website www.lutterellhall.org.uk. Provisional bookings are held for a maximum of 7 days from the date of enquiry and are cancelled after 7 days if an online booking has not been made and/or a deposit payment is not received.
- 2.2 The maximum number of persons permitted to use the Premises shall not exceed 190 persons (150 with table seating). For children’s parties the maximum number of children permitted is 50. Under no circumstances should these numbers be exceeded and it should not be assumed that this number can be accommodated comfortably for every function.
- 2.3 The Facilities Manager may refuse admission to any person without giving any reason and may require any person to leave the Premises.
- 2.4 The Facilities Manager reserves the right to decline any application to use any Premises without giving any reason.
- 2.5 Only activities described on the website (www.lutterellhall.org.uk) will be permitted. Agora South Notts Ltd reserves the right to terminate the booking if activities other than described on the website take place.
- 2.6 All Community Facilities managed by Agora South Notts Ltd are closed on Bank Holidays and over the Christmas and New Year period, unless otherwise stated or agreed with a customer.
3. Charges and Payment
3.1 Agora South Notts Ltd shall set charges for the use of the Premises. Agora South Notts Ltd reserves the right to vary charges without notice.
3.2 Confirmation of bookings is conditional on any required payment being made.
3.3 For all bookings where a deposit is required (i.e. weddings) it is non-refundable. The deposit will be deducted from the balance of payment due as per condition 3.4. Condition 7.6 must be read carefully.
3.4 All payments are to be made online at time of booking, unless specific arrangements are otherwise made in writing.
4. Clearance of Premises
- 4.1 The Hirer shall comply with all reasonable requests made by the Facilities Manager and shall ensure that the Premises are left in the state that they were found.
- 4.2 Functions MUST cease at the end of the Booked Period and hirers must have cleared and vacated the premises by this time.
- 5.1 In exceptional circumstances Agora South Notts Ltd reserves the right to cancel bookings, or prohibit the use of the Premises, giving as much notice as is practical.
- 5.2 All monies paid in respect of bookings cancelled in accordance with Condition 5.1 will be refunded by Agora South Notts Ltd, but Agora South Notts Ltd will not be liable for any other expenditure incurred or loss sustained directly or indirectly by the Hirer arising from the cancellation.
- 5.3 Hirers must give a minimum of 2 weeks notice in writing for cancellation of bookings.
- 5.4 All deposits (including Wedding receptions) are non refundable.
- 5.5 All other up front payments for hire and related services and/or products can be cancelled by the Hirer at any time, and may qualify for the following refunds which will be issued within 14 days of notification:
- A national or local government mandated lockdown - 90% refund
- All other reasons, giving at least 90 days' notice - 80% refund
- All other reasons, giving at least 60 days' notice - 70% refund
- All other reasons, giving at least 30 days' notice - 60% refund
- All other reasons, giving at least 14 days' notice - 50% refund
6. Electrical Safety
- 6.1 In order to ensure compliance with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989, Customers or their agents bringing portable electrical equipment (such as disco/music equipment or public address systems) onto the Premises, may be required to provide evidence, before the commencement of the Booked Period, that the equipment is safe and will remain safe when in use.
ELECTRICITY AT WORK REGULATIONS
THE ELECTRICAL SUPPLY SYSTEM TO THE POINT AT WHICH CUSTOMERS MAY CONNECT PORTABLE ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT IS SAFE AND WILL REMAIN SO WHEN PROPERLY CONNECTED TO SAFE PORTABLE ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT CUSTOMERS USING PORTABLE ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT ON THE PREMISES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE THAT THE EQUIPMENT THEY INTEND TO USE IS SAFE AND WILL REMAIN SO WHEN IN USE
7. Customers Shall
- 7.1 Comply with all reasonable instructions and requests of the Facilities Manager
- 7.2 Carry out and observe all instructions of Agora South Notts Ltd relating to the use of the Premises and conduct therein which may from time to time be published by Notice on the Premises or otherwise.
- 7.3 Indemnify Agora South Notts Ltd against all claims, demands, actions or proceedings in respect of the death of or injury to any person, or damage to or loss of property belonging to any person (other than Agora South Notts Ltd) arising out of their use of the Premises otherwise than as a result of the defective condition of the Premises or Agora South Notts Ltd's equipment or the negligence of Agora South Notts Ltd, its agents, officers or servants.
- 7.4 Indemnify Agora South Notts Ltd against all claims, demands, actions and proceedings in respect of any infringement of copyright or any unauthorised performance or use of record apparatus or contrivance at the Premises by themselves or their agents.
- 7.5 Refrain from any conduct which is unseemly or unsporting or which might cause annoyance or danger to other Customers of the Premises.
- 7.6 Be responsible for and shall pay Agora South Notts Ltd on demand the amount of any damage done or occasioned to the Premises or the fixtures, fittings, apparatus, equipment, furniture, or other contents thereof during the use of the Premises by them. Agora South Notts Ltd's decision on the value of any damaged Property or Design shall be final, and they will certify the amount. Agora South Notts Ltd does not accept responsibility or liability for any damage to or loss of any property or articles whatsoever placed or left in or on the Premises or any part thereof by a Customer.
8. Customers Shall Not
- 8.1 Bring any dangerous or obnoxious thing into or onto the Premises (including fireworks, candles and tea lights).
- 8.2 Alter or interfere with any equipment or fittings of the Premises or the structure thereof.
- 8.3 Sell or supply to any Customers or other persons any goods or services of any description whatsoever without the express permission, in writing, of the Facilities Manager.
- 8.4 Put up notices or decorations (internal or external) without the express permission of the Facilities Manager. This includes but is not limited to blu-tac, all confetti items (including confetti disks, confetti balloons, confetti cannons),drawing pins and sellotape.
- 8.5 Play radios, recorded or live music in the Premises, or perform any work, which will infringe any copyright. It will be a condition of any approval that the necessary licence or authorisation has been obtained and produced in advance to the Facilities Manager.
- 8.6 Bring any animal into or onto the Premises except with the express permission of the Facilities Manager (with the exception of Assistance Dogs).
- 9.1 The Hirer shall be responsible for ensuring that they have sufficient and adequate insurance cover for the hiring.
- 9.2 If required by Agora South Notts Ltd, the Hirer shall effect, before the date of the hiring, cover with a reputable insurance company in respect of third party risks and produce evidence of such cover to the Facilities Manager.
10. Licensed Bar and Catering
- 10.1 Hirers are not permitted to supply alcohol at our venues. For bookings where a bar service has been booked, customers are not permitted to bring any drinks, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, onto or into the premises. For non -bar bookings customers are permitted to supply soft drinks.
- 10.2 Hirers must not bring cooking or heating appliances onto or into the Premises. Only the cooking appliances provided (conventional oven and microwave oven) are permitted to be used.
- 10.3 No persons under the age of 18 years shall be given, allowed to purchase or allowed to consume alcohol of any kind on the Premises.
- 10.4 There shall be no teenage (13 to 19 years inclusive) birthday parties held on or in the Premises.
- 10.5 Licensed bars must close at least 30 minutes before the end of any function and no later than 11pm as per the premises licence. No extensions to this licence shall be made.
- 10.6 The bar service should only operate during the actual function, and NOT during the preparation or packing down time.
- 10.7 In accordance with the Licensing Laws ALL drinks must be consumed within 20 minutes of the bar closing. In the case of an evening event, last orders will be called at 10.40pm and all drinks must be consumed by 11pm.
- 10.8 The licensed staffed bar service must be in operation for a minimum of 4 hours, unless otherwise agreed.
- 11.1 No function shall be advertised to take place until the booking has been confirmed.
- 11.2 The Hirer shall ensure that no unauthorised or illegal advertising or other material is displayed in connection with any function.
- 11.3 The Hirer shall ensure that no advertising or other material is displayed in connection with any function on any land or buildings owned or managed by Agora South Notts Ltd without prior written consent of Agora South Notts Ltd.
PLEASE USE ONLY PROPER AND AUTHORISED NOTICE BOARDS TO DISPLAY YOUR PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL
PLEASE DO NOT FLY POST.
IF POSTERS AND OTHER ADVERTISING MATERIALS ARE PUT ON LAMP POSTS, TREES, WALLS, WINDOWS ETC. THEY WILL BE REMOVED AND YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THE WORK INVOLVED.
- 12.1 No sweepstakes, raffle or other lottery shall be promoted, conducted or held on the Premises except such lotteries as are deemed to be lawful by virtue of any enactment relating to betting, gaming and lotteries and must only be conducted with the express permission of the Facilities Manager.
- 13.1 Photographs for professional use or publication shall not be taken without the written permission of Facilities Manager
14.1 The use of the Premises and of all equipment and amenities thereof is permitted entirely at the Customers' own risk and Agora South Notts Ltd shall not be liable for any personal injury to any Customer or for any consequential loss otherwise than as a result of the defective condition of the Premises or its equipment or the negligence of Agora South Notts Ltd, its agents, officers or servants.
14.2 Lack or inadequacy of supervision of the use of any Premises shall not be deemed to constitute negligence unless such supervision has been expressly arranged, in writing, with the Head of Community Facilities.
15. Car Park
15.1 Persons using the Premises for the following booking types are permitted to park in the car park.
Persons using the Coffee Lounge whilst open to the public
Persons attending exercise classes
Persons accompanying children to a children's party booking
20 spaces for wedding bookings
20 spaces for Friday and Saturday evening celebrations, performances or club/society bookings
Other bookings with prior agreement of the Facilities Manager
15.2 Agora South Notts Ltd does not accept responsibility or liability for any damage to, or loss of, any property or articles whatsoever, placed in or on the car park or access roads, save as a result of Agora South Notts Ltd, its agents, officers and servants.
16. Bouncy Castles/Indoor Go Karts/Smoke Machines/Helium Balloons/Chinese Lanterns
16.1 Bouncy Castles ARE permitted inside the Hall (on the condition that crash mats exceed the base of the castle).
16.2 Helium Balloons ARE permitted inside the hall.
16.3 Chinese Lanterns (or any lanterns with a flame), Indoor Go Karts and Smoke Machines are NOT permitted.
17.1 Hirers who play music are responsible for paying any applicable music licence fees. For further information contact https://pplprs.co.uk/.
18. Breach of Condition
18.1 In the event of any breach of these General Regulations and Conditions of Hiring (as to which the decision of the Facilities Manager shall be final) the Hirer may be required to leave the Premises forthwith and forfeit the charges paid in respect of the booking but without prejudice to any claim Agora South Notts Ltd may have against them. If the breach is sufficiently serious to cause the Facilities Manager to cancel any future bookings by the Hirer, refunds will be made in accordance with Condition 5 of these General Regulations and Conditions of Hiring.