Please find a list of commonly asked questions below. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please get in touch!
The time slot indicated on the booking page is the time you can access the hall and the time you have to depart. Any set up time should be allowed for within this time. If you would ideally like more set up time than you have booked then you can call us within 48hrs of your booking to see if this is possible. Whilst we'll do all we can to accommodate you, we unfortunately cannot make any guarantees.
Our insurance only covers us up to 190 people in the building.
The maximum number we can fit seated in the hall is:
- 150 (10 seats around 15 tables)
- 190 (theater style seating)
Please contact us.
Of course! Simply drop in to the reception (accessed via front doors on Church Drive) or contact us to arrange a convenient time to pop in.
Unfortunately we don't take cash for room hire. Cheques are payable, but we cannot confirm your booking until the cheque has cashed. Online payments are our preferred, and most popular, payment method.
Yes! Contact us for any regular bookings.
If you are wanting to pay on a weekly, fortnightly on monthly basis, then you can set up a standing order into our bank account.
Please note: If any of your block bookings are not paid for within 24hrs prior to the time slot booked, your block booking arrangement will be cancelled and any remaining time slots opened up for others to hire.
As per our terms of hire (note 10.1) - no alcohol is permitted on the premises at any time with the exception of a 'reception drink' for guests on arrival, and a 'toasting drink' at weddings (see note 10.2).
Corkage charges will apply in this instance, as follows:
- Standard (75cl) wine bottles: £6 each
- Standard (75cl) champagne/Prosecco bottles: £7 each
- Magnum (1.5 - 2 litres) of champagne: £14 each
- Jeroboam of champagne (3 - 4 litres) of champagne: £28 each
We have 150 grey padded folding chairs.
We also have two types of table for to choose from:
- 15 x Large round tables (5ft diameter)
- 18 x Rectangular tables (6ft wide by 2ft 3" deep)
These will be set up for you however you want them ready for the start of your booking time.
Yes. We are pretty well teched up at the hall! Available for you to use are the following:
- LED Atmospheric ceiling lights - make the ceiling light up whatever colour you want!
- LED Disco lights - move your party up a couple of gears and switch the lighting to 'light-to-sound' mode!
- PA - Just bring your phone, tablet or laptop and you can plug our audio cable into your device and off you go! (See next question also.)
- Microphones - whether wireless hand held or a headset for when you need to be on the move!
- Projector screens - our two large screens can show photo reels, videos, or images - send them to us in advance or just bring your own laptop to play from!
- Playlists - Use any public Spotify playlist or use your own. Or you can access our professionally mixed party songs!
Everyone one of these options is available as part of our AV bundle which you can add-on to any of our booking types.
Our installed PA is an HK E.L.I.A.S. system.
It comprises of 2 x 15” subs and 4 x 10” satellite speakers that is more than ample for any DJ or live sound requirements within the venue.
Everything is wired through a 'Behringer XR-18' digital mixer, which can be operated by an iPad via WiFi.
As indicated by the floor plan below, the hall is approximately 13 metres deep by 17 metres wide.
Our stage has an available floor space of 5.8m (width) and 2.7m (depth).
Thick black curtains are in place which are opened and closed manually.
It is accessed by steps on both sides (in front of the curtain line).
We have specific stage lights mounted on either side of the room. The back wall is painted matt black to eliminate shadows.
As per our terms of hire section 10, according to license laws, all drinks must be consumed 20 minutes after the bar closes (latest 11.00pm Mon - Sat; 10.30pm Sundays).
We do not apply for 'late license' beyond these times as we do not want to promote extended drinking sessions and also do not want to be responsible for any late night / early morning activity that negatively affects our direct neighborhood.
This is non-negotiable.
Our opening and closing times for bookings (including set up and pack down time) are:
- Monday: 8.30am - 10.00pm
- Tuesday: 8.30am - 10.00pm
- Wednesday: 8.30am - 10.00pm
- Thursday: 8.30am - 11.00pm
- Friday: 8.30am - 12.00pm
- Saturday: 8.30am - 12.00pm
- Sunday: 8.30am - 12.00pm
If you need to get in any earlier in the morning to set up, please contact us before you book to see if this is possible.
We have two designated disabled car parking spaces in our car park that give direct ramped access to both Thraves Coffee Lounge and the side entrance of the main hall.
We also have a wheelchair accessible toilet that is accessed direclty from the main hall.
Unfortunately our upstairs meeting room is only accessible via a staircase and is not accessible for wheelchair users.